ide Systems specialise in the design and manufacture of fixed and temporary electrical distribution solutions for a wide range of industries. Our solutions are designed to create opportunities, solve problems and reduce risk for our customers. Our popular solutions include: LV Switchgear, Changeover Panels, Control Panels, Generator Connection Points and Power Distribution Panels.
Electrical/Mechanical Engineer Job Role
ide Systems is looking for an experienced and ambitious Electrical/Mechanical Engineer to join our team at our Head Office and Manufacturing Centre in Cannock, Staffordshire.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate’s day to day tasks will include:
- Discussing and solving complex problems with the manufacturing department, suppliers and customers
- Developing project specifications with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
- Overseeing the design, manufacture and consultancy of key projects across a wide range of industries
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques
- Planning and designing new production processes
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A high level of technical and scientific knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems
- Good oral communication skills and confidence in dealing with a range of people, including clients, contractors, engineers and directors
- The ability to research and identify improvements to existing methods of practice
- Precise and concise written communication skills
- The ability to work well within a team
- IT skills, particularly with computer-aided design packages such as Solidworks
- Creative and interpretive ability
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Organisational skills, such as time and resource planning to meet tight deadlines
£30,000-£36,000 per annum (Depending on experience)
To find out more information, or to apply for this role please contact Business Development Manager Matt Collins on 01543 574111. Alternatively, please send a copy of your CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org.