The high demand and diversity of events requires a reliable and varied power source. While some exhibitions simply require 32A connections, some require 125A supplies for large LED video walls, meaning that power distribution panels need to be able to cope with this changing demand.
The events industry also requires reliable power that operates at the correct voltage and current. Power failures or nuisance tripping are not only disruptive and embarrassing for the event organiser, but can also be extremely expensive if an event has to be cancelled due to power failure
To deal with the demands of the event industry, when ACC Liverpool decided to extend its exhibition hall space in late 2015, the complex turned to ide to produce single point distribution systems (power cluster) to provide power to the 8100 square metres of event space. The halls are divisible into three separate 2700 square metre halls, one which has a 18 metre high roof for stage sets, requiring power distribution panels on the stage left and stage right.
Due to the stage constraints, the panels were mounted on the walls and were custom made to fit with the space constraints. To manage the needs of the different power requirements in the exhibition halls, the power panels were custom made to have a specific number of sockets and circuit breakers to ensure a reliable power output. ACC Liverpool also specified the level of residual current device (RCD) protection required to ensure the safety of its employees. An incoming steel-wire armoured (SWA) cable provides the power distribution panels with mains power. This is then split into eight varying panel-mount plug and play socket outlets,
which is distributed around the exhibition halls.
- Manufactured from Zintec steel – colour on request
- Enclosure Form 4 Type 3 bolted covers
- External interlocked isolator handle
- Aluminium gland plate for incoming SWA cable
- 630A 4-pole MCCB
- External door interlocked, isolator handle
- Phase presence relay to indicate mains supply is healthy
- 1 set 400A source powerlock connectors protected by a 400A 4 pole MCCB c/w adjustable, switchable, earth leakage
- 1 set 400A source powerlock connectors protected by a 250A 4 pole MCCB c/w adjustable, switchable, earth leakage
- 2 No. 125A 400V panel mount socket outlets protected by 125A 4 Pole MCB c/w switchable, adjustable earth leakage
- 2 No. 63A 400V panel mount socket outlets protected by 63A 4 Pole MCB c/w switchable, adjustable earth leakage
- 2 No. 32A 400V panel mount socket outlets protected by 32A 4 Pole MCB and 40A 4 Pole RCD